Friday, February 8, 2013

Big Apple Red Swatch

Hello, Everyone!

Happy Friday! Hope you all have had an amazing week. I've been busy juggling class, working on my thesis, doing class assignments and the list drags on...and on...and on. The bright side? Valentine's Day aka Single Awareness Day is coming up! I've decided to swatch a color that is perfect for the occasion! I present to you an oldie but goodie from OPIBig Apple Red!


with flash

with flash

without flash


without flash

Big Apple Red is a true red creme. By true red I mean that the base is blue with no leanings toward orange at all. The formula had the slightest hint of thickness but very easy to work with. To my surprise, after two coats my smile line was still showing! I needed three coats to reach perfect opacity. If you do not have a true red in your collection yet, Big Apple Red would make a great addition. Now, normally this would be the end of my post but I have to discuss something...


Chloe Moretz in the remake of Carrie
This is what my fingers looked like when I attempted to remove this color! They were completely stained! Even after using pure acetone I had a tint of red all over my fingers. Took a lot of good scrubbing to get it completely off!




Hope you all enjoyed the post! Does anyone else out there own Big Apple Red? Did you have the same experience I had when it came to removing it? Let me know! Comment below!Thank you for reading! Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!!!
Until Next Post!!! ^_^v







4 comments:

  1. Very pretty red, I don't think I own this one. Yeah, most reds are a mess to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I seriously thought it would never come off lol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colour! it looks stunning on you.
    I do not own this one, but had experience staining with many reds. Did it stain your nail base as well? I hate when that happens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalia! I'm learning that with reds staining seems to come with the territory. It stained my nail base and even the skin around my nails!

      Delete